Whether you need prayer for protection from enemies, evil, harm, or something else, know that God is with you. These 35 prayer points for protection will serve as a launching pad into a powerful prayer session!
Divine protection comes from God alone. He has the power to fight your battles and give you victory. He can remove fear, protect you from your enemies, and speak peace into your life. After you’ve completed these prayer prompts, pause and reflect on your situation. Be confident that he is working on your behalf. Remember, he will fight for you! (Exodus 14:4)
35 Prayer Points For Protection
Isaiah 54:17 – Prayer Points For Protection From Enemies
No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the LORD.
1. I declare that no weapon formed against me or my family will prosper.
2. May every person who comes against me feel condemned and repent of their actions.
3. Let my family have a heritage of divine protection and deliverance from danger.
4. Lord, help me live a life of righteousness before you and be the Christian you want me to be.
Deuteronomy 31:6 – Prayer Points For Protection From Fear/Failure
Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
5. Bless me with divine strength that comes from you, Lord.
6. Help me to be courageous in the face of my enemies.
7. Go with me into the hard places. I am confident that if you place a trial in front of me, you will walk me through it and bring me to the other side victorious.
8. I know that you will not fail me or forsake me when I need you most. You love me!
Isaiah 41:10 – Prayer Points For Protection From Fear
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
9. Thank you, Lord for being with me, fighting for me, and protecting me from fear.
10. Keep my countenance high and my eyes focused on you.
11. Strengthen me and help me; uphold me when I am weak and struggling.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9 – Prayer Points For Protection From Distress
We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
12. When there is trouble all around me, I won’t be distressed.
13. When the world around me gets confusing, I won’t be in despair.
14. I might have times of persecution, but I know that you will never forsake me or let me be destroyed by trouble.
Psalm 23:1-6 – Restore Me and Keep Me From Fear and Want
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
15. Lord, you take care of me. What you’ve given me is enough and I’m thankful for it.
16. Help me to be content with what you’ve given me and surrender my will to yours.
17. Thank you for the beautiful seasons of rest you give to me, restoring my soul, and leading me into righteousness.
18. When I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, you keep me from fear. You will be with me and comfort me.
19. By preparing a feast for me in the presence of my enemies, you make a way to allow me to share with others and bless those who are out to get me.
20. I am truly blessed and my cup runs over with blessings from you!
21. Your goodness and mercy will always be with me, and I will praise you forever.
Psalm 91:1-16 – Prayer For Protection From Enemies
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
22. Lord, I know that when I seek you and stay close to you, I’ll be covered by your protection.
23. You are my refuge and I put my trust in you.
24. You are my deliverer, my shield from the enemy, and you will bring me out of harm’s way.
25. You’ve given your angels to protect me and keep me safe.
26. When I call on you, you will answer me, and you will be with me when I must walk through a season of trouble.
27. Because I love you, you will show me how to be saved and make it to heaven to be with you.
Proverbs 2:11 – Give Me Discretion and Understanding
Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:
28. Please give me discretion and discernment about the situations in my life.
29. Bless me with understanding and keep me close to you. Be my shield and place a hedge of protection around me and my family.
Psalm 20:1 – God Defends Me
The Lord hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;
30. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my cry when I’m in trouble and need you to intervene.
31. You will defend me, keeping me safe from evildoers and out of harm’s way. You are my rock and strong tower!
Psalms 109:1 – Praying For Protection Against Slander
Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise; For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
32. Lord, I know you fight my battles for me and for that I praise you!
33. Deceitful people are speaking against me, spreading lies and rumors to slander me, but I know you will bring peace to the situation and protect my reputation so that it brings you glory.
Psalm 5:11 – Rejoicing In God’s Protection
But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name be joyful in You.
34. Help me to rejoice because I trust in you, O Lord.
35. I shout for joy today because I know that you are my defender and you bring victory!
An older, wiser mentor once said, “I’ve looked in the back of the Good Book, and we win! We win!”
It’s true — once you get to know God, you see that he is your protector and defender, and nothing can stand against him.
May these powerful prayer points for protection be a blessing to you today… Because of God, we win! We win!
FREE WEEKLY PRAYER JOURNAL
Our free weekly prayer journal comes to your email and is completely printable, so you can print it as often as you like. It’s beautiful and will help inspire you to dig deeper in prayer. Get it here.